Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Natural Hair and Confidence

Having confidence as a natural has been a hot topic lately. Dealing with the drastic change of having long, silky straight hair to having short kinky, curly hair, can be dramatic. No matter what the reason for your transition to Natural beauty, the first few months can be the most challenging. I am here ladies and gents to offer you some advice that has helped me during the 2 months of being a NuNtrl!

1. How you feel about your hair and yourself will be the EXACT same way your peers will feel about you and your hair!
--This one is simple. Truthfully, I did not like my new cut but until now, I NEVER told anyone!! I said to myself that if I dont like it AND I show it, NO ONE else will like it. After styling though, it wasn't that bad. :D

2. Dont judge your hair by the next girl's hair!!
--So what if  "Keisha" has long natural hair and your hair is barely an inch long! Who cares!!? Its the same as being envious of someone. You dont know the next girl's journee and all the drama she may have had to endure to get the long hair. You see? This journee is for YOU! Its a journee that was made for you and you alone! You know you FLY girl!! :)

3. Natural girls stand out! 
--We are different and we make our own rules! This is not a diss of my relaxed sistas but it takes a strong woman to cut off her hair and start all over again. We stomach the negativity and STAY NATURALLY FLY throughout the process!

4. Our natural hair is the coolest accessory we have! 
--You know you've gotten some good compliments girl! Why is it that for every 10 good comments we get, it takes 1 bad one to ruin our day? Forget 'em girl! You wear your hair well! 

Thats my take on having confidence with your natural hair! What makes you so confident in your hair? 


STAY NATURALLY FLY :D

No comments:

Post a Comment