Monday, July 19, 2010

NuNtrlBeauti: Hair Products

Hair Products I Currently Use

I have only been natural for 2 months but the amount of products that I have purchased in the last 6 months has been CRAZY!!! It all started by me watching YouTube. I would literally write down everything that I saw other transitioners and new ntrls using and go buy it! I really believe it was a sickness! Help me LAWD!! And now that I have to use these products more than I did as a transitioner, I think I have been able to narrow down the list to only a few staple products!

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PRODUCTS THAT I USE AND THAT WORK WELL ON MY HAIR. ALL HAIR IS DIFFERENT SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU LIKE FOR YOURSELF AND SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU!!

NuNtrlBeauti"s Regime:

~Co-Wash 2x a week with Organix Coconut Conditioner or VO5 Moisture Milks in Passion Fruit Smoothie
~Shampoo once a month with Organix Coconut Shampoo (its Sulfate free) mix w/ Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner (for extra softness)
~Leave-in Conditioner- Cantu Shea Butte Leave-In
~Styling Products (for Twist Outs, Finger Coils, TWA)
*Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk/Hair Butter in Coco-Mango scent
*My Shea Butter/Coconut Oil mixture
*Glycerin Mix- Aloe Vera Juice, Vitamin E, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil and Coconut Oil
*ORS Twist and Lock Gel (for Finger Coils)
~Deep Condition 1x a week with Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask
~To seal in moisture, I use Coconut, Jojoba and Extra Virgin Olive Oil

That's about it Beauties! I haven't trimmed my ends yet. I plan on getting a trim at my 3 month mark and trimming every 3 months. (4 times a year). I think the best way to take care of your hair during the early stages is to LISTEN TO IT! Try a product for @ least 2 weeks before switching up. Ive noticed that when first trying something it seems like my hair hates it, but when I tried it for a longer span of time, it actually turned out to be very good for us. Remember that it's a process and it takes time but YOUR HAIR IS GROWING!! NEVER judge your growth by someone else's growth. All hair is different and it's what makes you UNIQUELY YOU!

I would love to hear what you have been using on your hair. Post a comment below and tell me girl!!

STAY NATURALLY FLY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment