Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Financially Free Devotion #1


The Journey Begins

Today is day one of our Financial Journey. I want to remind you that this is the first step of many that will bring us to a place of true financial freedom in Christ. We have to also remember to keep Him before us at all times. I believe that this journey will be one of the best that I will ever take. I know that there may be some challenges and there may be some old habits that die HARD, but reaching my goal is what keeps me going.

Devotional Day 1:

" The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints."
Ephesians 1:18

What do you get out of this verse? A few words jump out to me: enlightened, hope and calling. Here is why I choose those words. Enlightened: it brings to mind coming into the awareness of something; having your thought pattern changed. Hope: a feeling of expectation; having something to look forward to. Calling: summoned; having an assignment. 

In this devotional, we want to look at beginning the journey to financial freedom. Some of us have noticed that some changes need to be made but never really knew where to begin. If your like me, I sought the Lord out and asked Him to help me and when He began to show me ways, I became afraid. What was I thinking by asking God to help?! I can change my habits on my own. All He would do was tell me that I couldn't buy ANYTHING!! This has been my thought pattern for years and it wasn't until my pay rate took a huge hit, that I knew something had to change and it had to change FAST!

BUT GOD....in His loving was has "enlightened" me to a few principles that I want to share with you. 
1. Nothing that we have truly belongs to us.- God owns everything in the world and we are just managers over His things. We manage by taking care of what he has blessed us with. If he has blessed you with a home, take care of it. Pay your bills. Keep the lights on. You guys know what I mean.  And because nothing truly belongs to us, we must transfer ownership of everything back over to Him. This lets God know that you trust Him will everything. Money, cars, home, family, EVERYTHING!!
2. I/We are capable of being Naturally Fly and Financially Free. "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" Philippians 4:13. I like to believe that God laid down a path for everyone to follow. He went ahead of us before we were even though of and prepared a way. Now that we are here on Earth, we are just following in His footsteps. Because of that, I feel I can do anything because Christ already did it for me. Woah!!

Hope: By beginning  this journey, we have something to look forward to and expect. I expect to have money saved, to understand what God says about money and to apply to principles everyday. I look forward to being able to allow God to direct me financially. Calling: I believe that I have a calling on my life in various areas. Teaching, writing, and now in my financial life. I dont think that it is a coincidence that this topic was introduced to my spirit. God wants me to be financially free called me "for such a time as this." He has called you to and you can now have hope that you will accomplish your goals. 

Prayer:
Lord, please fill me with desire to know and follow You, allowing my
misconceptions to be overpowered by the light of Your truth.


STAY NATURALLY FLY

No comments:

Post a Comment