Thursday, August 12, 2010

Financially Free Devotion #2

Trust- to have confidence in or to have faith in

source
Today's Devotional deals with trust. As we embark on this financially free journey, it is important for us to go ahead and acknowledge where we have placed our trust. The Bible say, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5. I believe that this verse sets the tone for the rest 29 days of our journey. Do you think its fair to say that we trust God with only a portion of our lives? I know in my case, there are areas that I can allow God to have full access of and other areas I would rather Him just stay away from. Why is that? I think its because of fear and not knowing the true essence of God. For example, I am ready to turn my money over to Him because I know that He can handle it better and its his anyway. But when it comes to something more dear to my heart like um....relationships, I rather God just stay waaaayyyyy over there! lol! Sure I want the best boyfriend or husband but what if God tells me no about someone I really love and care for? Shoot, what if he is ugly when we first meet? I'm just being real!! Yall know that you have thought that too! lol! :)
All Im saying and learning is that if I can say God you can have control over my financial life, why not let Him have control over all aspects of my life? And it all has to do with TRUST!!

So, now that God has enlightened me and you to the fact that we need to get our finances in order, lets trust Him to be able to help us to do so.I wanna give you a few verses that I will meditate on today:

Psalms 46:5 *My favorite*
Proverbs 3:5
Pslams 37: 3-6;39-40
Psalms 55:22
Psalms 119:173

Those are just a few that I will focus on today. Remember trust Him at all times. No matter what may happen in your life, God is faithful. I know you wanna go out and buy that dress, purchase those shoes or grab that fast food lunch. But remember goals set before you. You wanna be financially free, right?

Prayer Focus: Lord, I trust you and I acknowledge that you are head of my life. I thank you Father for showing me a better way to handle my finances. I thank you for trusting and believing that I can be financially free. I turn my desires over to you and I wait Lord for your instruction. I thank you in advance for blessing me with the gift of financial freedom! Amen.

Be Blessed- STAY NATURALLY FLY

No comments:

Post a Comment